Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pool & Mothers Day

So James and I decided to get a pool in our backyard. We'd love to get a big inground pool but that just isn't in our budget! So we decided on the next best, an above ground pool. Some friends had this pool and were moving from their house, they didn't want to take it with them so they sold it to us. We had to go take it apart (I say WE, but really it was James and his friends) bring it home and put it back together (I did help put it back together again!) It was pretty dirty as it had been sitting with no water for about a year or so. I swept it as much as I could while it was dry, but there was a lot of dirt, and the pool was stained. So we decided to just fill it up and deal with it later! Great idea actually. As we filled it up, the dirt came loose from the pool a lot easier then when we were scrubbing it! James got all the pumps and filters working and it started cleaning up on its own! We hooked up the little lady bug thing and it crawls around the bottom sucking the dirt and the skimmers are working well with the crap floating on top! I went and bought all the chemicals to put in it and it looks great now! I still need to manually vacuum though. There are some spots that darn bug just wont get! I think we can finally swim tomorrow!! The pool is HUGE for an above ground, 10,600 gallons of water (eeeek I don't want to see our water bill!) It took about 24 hours to fill!
I started with the pool b/c that was my mother's day present =) the money it cost for the pool, all the chemicals and the accessories are MORE than I would ever allow James to spend on a gift for me - so we called the pool our Mother's and Father's day gifts!! It's perfect! Can't wait to enjoy it with our little sunshine!! She keeps calling it a bath and says "IN MOMMA" So I know she is excited! I think I'm gonna go tonight and splurge and buy some pool toys! Whats a pool with no floaty things or dive sticks?!?

On actual Mother's day we slept in - YES, slept in until 9:30!! We got up and went to Dayton to see James' mommy! It was a nice relaxing day! Since no one wanted to cook on Mother's day we stopped on the way out there and got a big frozen lasagna to pop in the oven. It was so delicious and easy! While Cori was playing outside with Nannie she picked me a single rose off the rose bush and brought it in to me. It was the sweetest thing ever! She was so excited! Later, I got to lay down on the couch and take a nap too while Nannie and Cori played, and eventually laid down and took a nap themselves!

We left there around 5 and headed over to my brothers for a mother's day dinner with my momma! Bridget cook spaghetti (pasta 2 time in one day? Why not?) It was again, delicious! Sunday was also my brother and Bridget's 1 year wedding anniversary! We hung out like we always do and talked about inappropriate things at the dinner table.....but that's normal for us too! My brother and I got my mom the same card, imagine that!! We really enjoyed ourselves and Cori learned how to ride her cousin Dozer! So cute!!
Oh, and my dad bought a fourwheeler - he say's he bought it for Cori....they have been going on rides every afternoon now! She loves it, and her pawpaw!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a GREAT mother's day!!! And that pool looks GIGANTIC!!! Oh y'all will have so much fun this summer! Can't wait to see pictures of Cori having a blast in there :)

    ReplyDelete