Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cori got a Big Girl Room!

When I found out we were pregnant with Levi I knew that I wanted him to have the same great nursery that Cori had . You always hear that the 2nd baby less than the first and I didn't want that to be the case. Because we could not afford to do two rooms at the same time I decided that Levi would get the cute room. Cori was already sleeping in her crib with no rail so it was time for a toddler bed. She kinda got moved into the playroom. We added her bed, a bookshelf with a TV and a table for coloring. But the walls were never painted, nothing was hung on the walls, and I never bought bedding for her. She didn't care, but I felt bad. Levi's room turned out adorable though!! 

I decided that it was time to get my little girl fixed up. Her room (especially when messy with toys) looked like a play room with a bed thrown in there. Her closet was filled with our crap that we have no place for so she didn't use it. I'm pretty sure she never realized there was anything behind those doors until I opened them for the first time in over 2 years. YIKES. We need more storage space.

I looked and looked and went back and forth with different decor ideas and finally found what I wanted at Pottery Barn Kids. {My new favorite store} Her bed and dresser came from Ashley Furniture, and we only bought two pieces b/c I couldn't get rid of the bookshelf she had in there....my daddy made it for me when I was little. Also, the butterflies on the wall had to stay because my Memaw bought those for Cori before she was even born and now that she's looking down from Heaven, I knew she'd like to see them in her new room. So the bedding and stuff had to go along with that. I am SO pleased with how her room turned out. There are still a few finishing touches I need to complete: curtains, paint book shelf, get rug cleaned ect. but I couldn't wait to show it off.

These pictures are deceiving. They were taken AFTER I cleaned out the closet and organized most of her toys in there with tubs, toy boxes, and baskets! The wall that looks empty by the pink chair in the corner was stacked with toys!! She had a huge toy box shelf thing, that is now in the closet and two boxes full of babies & barbies. These before pictures don't really do good BEFORE justice. Anyway, these are BEFORE pictures:


   



I am BROKE now, but so happy with her new room, and she is MORE than thrilled! She knew she was getting new furniture, but I didn't show her exactly what and she knew nothing else about the room as far as bedding, paint or decor! My mom picked her up from school so I could finish getting it together after they delivered the furniture and she was SO happy when she came home!









These pics were taken from my iphone so the color is bad but you get the idea ;)

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute... I LOVE THAT FURNITURE!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooooove the furniture!!! Like, really, I LOVE it! The room looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete