Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Coupons!!

I tried my hand at couponing today. I'm do not have time to do this in a huge way, but little savings here and there are better than nothing...right? I'm a bad momma and forgot diapers for Levi this morning so the daycare called me. I had to go get him some and take them up to him on his lunch break. (I gotta brag real quick.....my son will be 6 months old next week and this was the FIRST time I had to purchase diapers.....and I wouldn't have had to except the diaper stock is at home and I was at work. My mom started stocking up the day she found out I was pregnant. I was hoping to go the whole first year. Maybe I wont count this tiny $11 pack that I bought) I used this time to try a few coupons on things that I knew were already on sale at Walgreens. Here is how it went:

Listerine.
Reg. $6.49 each.
On Sale $3.99
$1 coupon attached to bottle (BONUS!)
$1 printed coupon
$.50 Sunday Coupon
Total price $1.49

Reach Toothbrushes (I bought 2)
Reg. $4.49 each.
On Sale $2.99
$2 printed coupon
Total Price $ .99 each

Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub
Reg. $6.49
On Sale $4.99
$1 printed coupon
$2 Sunday Coupon
Total Price $1.99

Enfamil Formula
Reg. Price $24.99
$10 printed coupon
Total Price $14.99

Total Savings $24.50

I'm excited. These are things I use and buy anyway. I will not become a crazy shopper that clears stock of stuff that they have no use for or already have 15 at home stored in the garage. That is just nuts. The ONLY way I would be nutty like that is if I donated anything extra that I would not be using. Like I said, with 2 kids and a full time job I don't have time for binders and hours of coupon cutting but in the future I will search for a coupon for things I'm headed to the store for and I usually do not pay full price for anything, except those stupid diapers mentioned above!

1 comment:

  1. I WANT to coupon... but it is so overwhelming to me!!
    Kuddos to you though!

    ReplyDelete